Dr. Richard L. Haddad
GENERAL UROLOGY, UROLOGICAL MALIGNANCIES, ROBOTIC SUB-SPECIALIST
BMED(Newcastle) MS(Syd UROL) FRACS(UROL) USANZ
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons F.R.A.C.S, 2012
- Member Urological Society Australia and New Zealand U.S.A.N.Z, 2012
- Fellowship in Robotic Urological Oncology, McGill University, Montreal Canada, 2012
- Fellowship in Urology – Laparoscopy, Oncology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, 2011
- Fellowship Examination in Urology, Senior Registrar, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, 2010
- Master of Surgery, Urology (Prostate Cancer), University of Sydney, 2006
- Bachelor of Medicine, University of Newcastle, NSW 2000
- Urology Advanced Training Program, NSW, 2008-2011
- General Surgery Advanced Training Program, NSW, 2003-2007
- Sydney Adventist Hospital Prostate Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Meeting – Member
- Sydney Adventist Hospital Robotic Surgery Program – Participant
- Emergency Department / Emergency on-call; Norwest Private & Sydney Adventist Hospitals
- da Vinci Robotic Proctor, Device Technologies, Sydney NSW
|1995||St. Patrick’s College Strathfield HSC DUX|
|2000||Bachelor of Medicine, The University of Newcastle School of Medicine & Public Health|
|2006||Master of Surgery (Urology), The University of Sydney|
|2011||Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic & General Urology|
(Royal North Shore Hospital Sydney NSW)
|2012||FRACS (Urology), The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (ID. 146057)|
|2012||McGill Accredited Fellowship in Robotic Urological Cancer Surgery|
(McGill University Health Centre, Montreal Quebec Canada)
(McGill No. 260482521, MUHC No. 019899)
|1995-2000||The University of Newcastle, School of Medicine & Public Health (BMED)|
|2001-2003||Internship & Basic Surgical Training, Royal North Shore Hospital Sydney|
|2003||Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Primary Examination in Surgery|
Successful Attempt 1
|2004||Registrar in General Surgery and Urology, Hornsby Hospital|
|2005-2007||Accredited Advanced General Surgery Training NSW|
(Prince of Wales Rotation – Prince of Wales, Sydney Children’s Randwick,
Wollongong, Fairfield, Bega, Bankstown Hospitals)
|2008-2010||Urology Accredited Training NSW|
(Westmead, Sydney Adventist, Wollongong, Royal Prince Alfred Hospitals)
|2010||Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Fellowship Examination in Urology|
Successful Attempt 1
|2011||Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic & General Urology,|
Royal North Shore Hospital
|Jan. 2012||Consultant Urological Surgeon|
|Jan. – Dec. 2012||McGill University Accredited Fellowship in Robotic Uro-Oncology, Montreal Canada|
- Haddad R L. Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma (UTUC); SAN DOCTOR Autumn Edition. 2020
- Haddad R L. Radical cystectomy for bladder cancer, within the robotic era. Sydney Adventist Hospital; SAN DOCTOR Spring Edition. October 2018
- Haddad R L. Renal Cancer Research Review, Issue 1 – 2018, Australian Research Review (online publication). 2018
- Haddad R L. Accurate diagnosis key to early treatment. The Sydney Morning Herald. Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Haddad R L. The role of radical prostatectomy in the management of oligometastatic prostate cancer. Sydney Adventist Hospital; SAN DOCTOR Urology Edition. 2016
- Haddad R L. Robotic partial nephrectomy. Sydney Adventist Hospital; SAN DOCTOR Summer Edition. 2014
- Alwaal A, Al-Qaoud T, Haddad R L, Alzahrani T, Delisle J, Anidjar M. Predictive validity of the ProMIS Hybrid Simulator in a Urology Residency Training Program. World J Min Access Surg 2015;4:1-5.
- Alwaal A, Al-Qaoud T, Haddad R L, Alzahrani T, Delisle J, Anidjar M. Transfer of skills on LapSim virtual reality laparoscopic simulator into the operating room in urology. Urology Annals Apr – Jun 2015;7(2):172-176.
- Ploussard G, Haddad R, Loutochin O, Bera R, Cabrera T, Malibari N, Scarlata E, Derbekyan V, Bladou F, Anidjar M. A Combination of hemostatic agents may safely replace deep medullary suture during laparoscopic partial nephrectomy in a pig model. J Urol 2014 Jul 18. Pii:S0022-5347(14)03956-1.[Epub ahead of print].
- Zakaria A, Haddad R, Dragomir A, Kassouf W, Andonian S, Aprikian A. Royal College surgical objectives of urologic training: A survey of faculty members from Canadian training programs. Can Urol Assoc J 2014;8(5-6):167-72.
- Ploussard G, Haddad R, Kovac E, Richard P, Anidjar M, Bladou F. Robot-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: Early single Canadian institution experience. Can Urol Assoc J 2013;7(9-10):348-54.
- Alzahrani T, Haddad R, Alkhayal A, Delesle A, Gotlieb W, Fraser S, Bergman S, Bladou F, Anidjar M. Validation of the da Vinci Surgical Skill Simulator(TM) Across Three Surgical Disciplines: A Pilot Study. Can Urol Assoc J 2013;7(7-8):e520-9.
- Haddad R, Richard P, Bladou F. Canada’s First Robotic Assisted Totally Intracorporeal Orthotopic Ileal Neobladder. Can Urol Assoc J 2013;7(7-8):e537-42.
- Chen J, Gundara JS, Haddad R, Schiavone V, Meldrum C, Samra JS, Gill AJ, Hugh TJ. Clinicopathological and molecular aspects of foregut gastrointestinal stromal tumours. ANZ J Surg. 2012 Nov 22. doi: 10.1111/ans.12011. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23171083
- Haddad RL, Patel MI, Vladica P, Kassouf W, Bladou F, Anidjar M. Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of small renal tumors using CT-guidance. A review and its current role. Urology Journal 2012; 9(3), 641-650.
- Haddad RL, Hossack TA, Woo HH. Results of low threshold to biopsy following high-intensity focused ultrasound for localized prostate cancer. Urology Annals 2012; 4(2), 84-88.
- Doeuk N, Guo DY, Haddad R, Lau H, Woo HH, Bariol S, Drummond M, Vladica P, Brooks A, Patel MI. Renal cell carcinoma: stage, grade and histology migration over the last 15 years in a large Australian surgical series. BJU International 2010; 107(9), 1381-1385.
- Forster N, Haddad RL, Choroomi S, Dilley AV, Pereira J. Use of ultrasound in 187 infants with suspected infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis. Australasian Radiology 2007; 51, 560-563.
- Izard MA, Haddad RL, Fogarty GB, Rinks A, Dobbins T, Katelaris P. Six year experience of external beam radiotherapy, brachytherapy boost with a 1Ci 192Ir source, and neoadjuvant hormonal manipulation for prostate cancer. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 2006; 66(1), 38-47.
- Haddad RL. Six year experience of external beam radiotherapy, brachytherapy boost with a 1Ci 192Ir source, and neoadjuvant hormonal manipulation for prostate cancer. – Master of Surgery (Urology) Dissertation. The University of Sydney Surgical Library, Blackburn Building 2006.
- Haddad RL, Bursle G, Piper B. Stercoral perforation of the sigmoid colon. ANZ J Surg 2005; 75, 244-246.
Areas of Expertise
Dr Haddad undertook post fellowship training in robotic uro-oncology at McGill University (Montreal General Hospital, Jewish General Hospital of Montreal, 2012) and has retained a high volume robotic experience in clinical practice since then. He is a robotic proctor. He has an expert understanding of the indications, contraindications, subtleties and ergonomics of the robotic surgical platform. Complex open pelvic and open renal surgery are his other oncologic areas of practice.
Erika commenced her medical administration career at The Royal Alexandria Hospital for Children in Camperdown in 1987, and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Clinical nurse specialist
Margaret Troup is a Clinical Nurse Specialist who completed her Registered Nurses training at the Prince Henry and Prince of Wales Hospitals and has been working as a Registered Nurse for 35 years.